Thursday 7 March 2013

SOME RECENT CRAFT WORK

 These are a few things I have recently made for Venice.  The little 8ply cardi I knitted before she was born.  The pattern had grub roses (my specialty) embroidered within little holey circlels either side of the button fronts.  But Alicia chose to have little red bows in the circles instead.  The gorgeous toy bag and pink bib are made out of beautiful fairytale fabric.  Have you ever bought a small piece of fabric and then found a million uses for it and wished you had bought a metre at least?  Well this is the fabric.  And I can't remember where I bought it.  The strawberry bib was made from scraps and I love it.
The little Mary Jane bootees are made in knitting cotton.
 Alicia wanted some handtowel bibs for Xander.  I bought a collection of 5 black and white thick thirsty tea towels in Target and made him two bibs, and two kitchen handtowels for Alicia.  I just LOVE the black and white and have decided to sew some for my sale.  I had vintage glamorous buttons on them too, to finish the look.
For Jaimeson I made a knit fabric sleeping bag and three handtowel bibs now he is learning to feed himself.  One bib has a strip of fantastic construction print across the bottom.
 Because Charlotte loves owls I bought her this owl apron panel in Spotlight.  It was with their Christmas fabrics but apart from being red and green it really had no Christmassy thing about it.  So I didn't crack my neck to get it done by Christmas and so just made it up now.  Panel aren't a great idea as they are often printed slightly crooked and fail to line up their appropriate pieces.  I lined it all in lime green poly pop so it would be a bit thicker and more serviceable.
 I have had this Easter Egg print in my stash for about 20 years.  I think I bought it to make something for Charlotte.  This year I finally decided to sew an Easter skirt for Sienna out of it.  She can wear it to pre-school.  After the fabric has been in my cupboard for so long I decided the cost of the skirt was nil.!!!!
I also made Fliss a moose handtowel out of fabric I bought in Alaska to make my own souvenirs.  Fliss and Caro and I love moose.  I also made one which Fliss gave Caro for Christmas.  Caro, who is Canadian, said she loves using it and says to Tessa, her daughter, "Go wipe your hands on the Moose".
 Fliss also bought this gorgeous construction fabric and some co-ordinating yellow for me to make her some toy bags which she can give away as gifts.  Cooper will keep one toy bag for his Lego constructions.
I used some vintage rikrak which belonged to my Mum.  It still had it's price tag on the card....43c..FOR A WHOLE CARD OF RIK RAK IN WOOLWORTHS!!!!
And finally.  I had this green make up purse sitting on my sewing desk for 6 months and finally decided to sew it up and I have sold it already!!!!  The car and caravan print are car tissue packets for keeping in the door of your car or in the glove box.  I am also giving one to Jeff for his car door as I already have a batik moose print tissue holder in my car door.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bootees! The fairytale fabric is beautiful! Wouldn't it look gorgeous with some hand stitched details - like a saddle on the horse.

    You have been very productive!!

    Don't forget to use big pictures!!

    ReplyDelete